The Gazprom Group fosters comfortable and safe working environment at its production facilities and in the offices. To that end, the Group has developed and is implementing industrial, fire and road safety programs.
In ensuring process safety, we are guided by the Process Safety Management System Development Strategy for 2021–2030Approved by order of PJSC Gazprom No. 368 dated September 9, 2020..
- improving the Integrated System of Process Safety Management (ISPSM) to maintain a safe production environment and minimize damage to the life and health of employees, equipment and the environment;
- ensuring the sustainable development of PJSC Gazprom within the established process safety parameters.
Health and process safety at the Gazprom Group
Gazprom Group’s legal compliance
- Labor Code of the Russian Federation
- Occupational, Industrial, Fire and Road Safety Policy of PJSC GazpromApproved by order of PJSC Gazprom No. 416 dated September 17, 2019.;
- Key safety requirements of PJSC GazpromApproved by resolution of PJSC Gazprom No. 274 dated August 30, 2016.;
- PJSC Gazprom’s Process Safety Management System Development Strategy for 2021–2030
- STO Gazprom 18000.1-001-2021 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Key ProvisionsApproved on January 12, 2021, No. 2.;
- STO Gazprom 18000.2-014-2021 Motor Vehicle Safety. General Requirements for Road Safety at Subsidiaries and Entities of PJSC GazpromApproved on April 14, 2020, No. 162.;
- STO Gazprom 18000.1-002-2020 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Hazard Identification and Risk Management for Process Safety PurposesApproved on January 30, 2020, No. 37.;
- STO Gazprom 18000.1-003-2020 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Setting Goals, Developing Action Plans and Monitoring Their ImplementationApproved on January 24, 2020, No. 26.;
PJSC Gazprom’s goals in occupational, industrial, fire and road safety are toIn accordance with PJSC Gazprom’s Occupational, Industrial, Fire and Road Safety Policy.:
- create a safe working environment and protect the lives and health of the employees;
- reduce the risks of accidents and incidents at hazardous facilities;
- reduce the risks of road accidents related to production activities;
- ensure fire safety.
KPI targets in process safety are included in the list of indicators to assess the Gazprom Group’s sustainability progress.
STO Gazprom 18000.1-003-2020 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Setting Goals, Developing Action Plans and Monitoring Their Implementation regulates process safety progress monitoring and the procedure for drafting action plans to achieve those goalsApproved by order of PJSC Gazprom No. 416 dated September 17, 2019..
The ISPSM is integrated into the Company’s business process management and regulated by STO Gazprom 18000.1-001-2021 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Key ProvisionsApproved by order of PJSC Gazprom No. 2 dated January 12, 2021..
The ISPSM establishes a uniform procedure to manage process safety in accordance with applicable laws, latest scientific and technological solutions, and corporate requirements, while also taking into account geographic, production and other conditions characteristic of each PJSC Gazprom subsidiary, entity or branch.
Key ISPSM elements:
- occupational health and safety management system;
- industrial safety management system;
- road safety management system;
- fire safety management system.
- Achieving the targets and fulfilling the commitments under the Occupational, Industrial, Fire and Road Safety Policy of PJSC GazpromApproved by order of PJSC Gazprom No. 416 dated September 17, 2019.;
- Preventing accidents and minimizing (eliminating) process safety risks.
To assess compliance with ISPSM operation and safety requirements, the Gazprom Group established a multi-tier corporate control framework.
The ISPSM covers PJSC Gazprom, its core subsidiaries specializing in natural gas, gas condensate and oil production, treatment, transportation, processing, distribution, and storage, as well as subsidiaries, entities and branches responsible for the functioning of the Unified Gas Supply System of Russia.
In the reporting year, the ISPSM coverage was expanded to include the Administration and 15 branches of PJSC Gazprom, 79 subsidiaries and entities of PJSC Gazprom, and four Gazprom Group entities: Gazprom Neft, Gazprom Energoholding, the Gazprom Mezhregiongaz Group and the Gazprom GNP Holding Group.
As of December 31, 2022, the total number of employees covered by the ISPSM exceeded 621,500 people.
The ISPSM coverage does not include Gazprom’s representative offices outside Russia.
|Indicator||2020||2021||2022||Change 2022/2021, %|
|Number of employees whose work and/or workplace are under ISPSM control||318||315||621.5||+97.3|
In line with STO Gazprom 18000.1-004-2020 Integrated System of Process Safety Management. Organizing and Conducting Audits, PJSC Gazprom’s structural units and subsidiaries engaged in the production, transportation, storage and processing of natural gas, gas condensate and oil undergo audits at least once every three years. The rest of PJSC Gazprom’s subsidiaries and branches are subject to audits at least once every five years.
Over five years, all employees (including contractors) whose work and workplace are covered by the ISPSM undergo auditing.
The ISPSM complies with the national standard GOST R ISO 45001-2020 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Requirements with Guidance for UseCompliance certificate No. 22.1753.026 dated December 21, 2022..
In 2022, the compliance was confirmed during a surveillance audit by a certification authority.
In order to enhance the ISPSM, PJSC Gazprom developed and approved in the reporting period its Target Process Safety Enforcement Program for 2022–2025Approved on February 7, 2022, No. 50. and a Fire Safety Organizational and Technological Activities Plan for PJSC Gazprom Facilities in 2023Approved on November 29, 2022, No. 03-241..
In the reporting period, the Company developed a number of regulations on safety during gas hazardous operations, video recording of high-hazard operations, measures to prevent road traffic accidents and ensure road safety at PJSC Gazprom’s facilities. The Company also adopted new process safety standards.
The Gazprom Group provides for seamless operation and integrity of the ISPSM, continuously strives to improve it in line with external and internal changes in the circumstances and environment where the Company operates.
The Gazprom Group has set requirements for employees’ process safety skills in each type of activity. Training and Professional Development Programs have been developed for each category of the Gazprom Group employees at both internal professional training centers and specialized educational organizations.
In the reporting year, the total number of the Gazprom Group employees who completed training in process safety reached 177,219Data on managers, specialists, and other white-collar staff who completed pre-certification training in industrial safety, occupational health, etc. The number of employees who completed training is stated in man-courses (where one person received training twice, they are counted twice, etc.)..