4.8. International Cooperation in Process Safety
PJSC Gazprom maintains long-term relationships with foreign partners, including in the field of process safety. Process safety matters are addressed as part of PJSC Gazprom’s joint R&D work with Wintershall Dea, Shell, ENGIE, and CNPC. Partnerships with foreign businesses are aimed at developing long-term and effective cooperation through the exchange of best practices. By joining forces with foreign partners, Gazprom seeks to enhance the process safety system and ensure compliance with the relevant requirements at hazardous facilities.
Below are the matters that PJSC Gazprom and its foreign colleagues pay attention to:
- shaping a corporate safety culture;
- improving the process safety management system;
- evaluating the process safety status;
- exchanging practices on how to increase employee motivation, encourage engagement in occupational safety activities, and strengthen the team spirit;
- ensuring safe development and operation of fields with hydrogen sulphide content;
- integrating occupational and industrial safety requirements in the implementation of joint oil and gas projects.
Gazprom’s experience is taken into account by the International Labour Organization (ILO) to develop its documents. Specifically, PJSC Gazprom, having been acting as the operator in the Arctic for a number of years now, played a significant role in advising the ILO on occupational health and safety matters for Arctic shelf operations. The Company’s representatives were also invited to the Steering Committee of Vision Zero (an international program that aims to enhance road traffic safety and reduce fatalities from road traffic accidents); the Committeehas been established to develop process safety culture aimed at eliminating the causes of accidents, workplace injuries, and occupational diseases.