Highly professional staff is one of the key advantages of PJSC Gazprom, which is why it pays a lot of attention to employee training.
In line with the existing Continuous Vocational Education and Training System and on the basis of the competitive selection procedure, PJSC Gazprom annually approves the centralized Skills Upgrading and Professional Retraining Schedule for Managers and Specialists of PJSC Gazprom, its Subsidiaries and Entities. The subsidiaries and entities adopt their own training plans for work-study centers and educational institutions in the regions of operation.
Skills upgrading and professional retraining are governed by local regulations, including the Regulation on PJSC Gazprom’s Continuous Vocational Education and Training SystemApproved by Order of PJSC Gazprom No. 42 dated January 29, 2016 (as amended by Order of PJSC Gazprom No. 810 dated December 14, 2016)., and rely on the following principles:
- focus on the Company’s goals;
- continuous training;
- comprehensive and individual approach to staff training;
- effectiveness of training and education.
Continuous education helps each employee develop a positive motivation for productive work, as well as a higher efficiency and stronger performance. Results are achieved owing to consistent training throughout the professional life of employees based on educational programs which are designed in advance and include various learning aids, simulators, business games, and training sessions.
Training is conducted by the Company’s educational organisations, PJSC Gazprom subsidiaries’ work-study centers, as well as at leading Russian universities.
In 2019, the average duration of training per employee of PJSC Gazprom, its core subsidiaries and entities was 79.4 hours for blue-collar staff and 46.4 hours for managers, specialists, and other white-collar staff.
(1) Including advisory workshops (programs of less than 16 training hours).
(2) PJSC Gazprom (including branches and representative offices), Gazprom Dobycha Astrakhan LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Irkutsk LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Krasnodar LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Kuznetsk LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Nadym LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Noyabrsk LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Orenburg LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Shelf Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk LLC, Gazprom Dobycha Yamburg LLC, Gazprom Pererabotka LLC, Gazprom Pererabotka Blagoveshchensk LLC, Gazprom UGS LLC, Gazprom LNG Vladivostok LLC, Gazprom LNG Portovaya LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Volgograd LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Yekaterinburg LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Kazan LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Krasnodar LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Makhachkala LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Moscow LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Nizhny Novgorod LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Samara LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Saint Petersburg LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Saratov LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Stavropol LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Surgut LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Tomsk LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Ufa LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Ukhta LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Tchaikovsky LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Yugorsk LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Grozny LLC, Gazprom Mezhregiongaz LLC (excluding subsidiaries), Gazprom Export LLC, Gazprom Flot LLC, Gazprom Geologorazvedka LLC, Gazprom Transgaz Belarus OJSC, Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC, Gazprom Nedra LLC, NIIgazeconomika LLC, Gazprom Proektirovanie LLC, Gazprom Geotekhnologii LLC, Gazpromtrans LLC, Gazprom Komplektatsiya LLC, Novy Urengoy Gas Chemical Complex LLC.
During the reporting period, the changes were driven by a more extensive use of remote-learning and off-site employee training forms. In 2019, over 180,000 of PJSC Gazprom’s employees took remote learning courses, which is three times as much as in 2018.
In 2019, the Gazprom Group’s employees received training in the following areas, among others:
- anti-corruption (1,444 people);
- corporate ethics (4,988 people);
- targeted MBA program on Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Management at St. Petersburg State University of Economics (21 people)St. Petersburg State University of Economics has been running the targeted MBA program on Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Management since 2014, with the third group of students admitted in 2019..